The 16th Annual Conference on Systems Engineering Research (CSER 2018) invites authors to submit papers which address the practical and theoretical needs for “Systems in Context,” the theme for this year’s event. CSER 2018 seeks high-quality papers from industry and academia on both practical applications of systems in context and theoretical advancements.
Theme: “Systems in Context”
The deadline for the submission of papers is January 19, 2018.
Papers will be considered from a wide range of domains and topics that support this year’s theme “Systems in Context” including but not limited to:
Systems in context:
- Formative methods: requirements
- Integration, deployment, assurance
- Human Factors
- Safety and Security
Decisions/ Control & Design; Systems Modeling:
- Optimization, Multiple Objectives, Synthesis
- Risk and resiliency
- Collaborative autonomy
- Coordination and distributed decision-making
- Prescriptive modeling; state estimation
- Stochastic approximation, stochastic optimization and control
Integrative Data Engineering:
- Sensor Management
- Design of Experiments
Submitted papers should not exceed 8 pages in length, including illustrations, and appendices with a font type no less than 10 point.
Evaluation will be based on the following:
- The paper’s scope is appropriate for systems engineering.
- The paper has an appropriate research focus and approach and is cogent.
- The paper satisfactorily explains what was done.
- The paper satisfactorily explains why it was done.
- The paper satisfactorily explains the basis for its conclusions.
The Editors-in-Chief and Editorial Board of the Springer journal Environment, Systems, & Decisions, and the organizers of CSER 2018 16th Annual Conference on System Engineering Research, announce a Call for Papers for a Special Issue of the journal that will feature top papers that are presented at CSER 2018.
Authors are encouraged to submit manuscripts prior to May 1, 2018, though review of manuscripts begins upon submission. Accepted papers will be published online immediately after the galley proof is finalized and subsequently in the printed version of the Special Issue, which is expected in Fall 2018.
Inquiries regarding Call for Papers should be directed to the Guest Editors for the special issue:
- Peter A. Beling: firstname.lastname@example.org
- William T. Scherer: email@example.com
- Cody H. Fleming: firstname.lastname@example.org
More details can be found here.
Paper submissions will be through EDAS system. Questions regarding the call for papers should be directed to Stephen Adams.
The event will be held on May 8-9, 2018 and will be hosted by the University of Virginia, Charlottesville. For more information on this event, please visit the event page.