Research Role: Researcher
Email Address: email@example.com
Alice Squires has nearly 30 years of professional experience and is an industry and research professor in Systems Engineering at the Stevens Institute of Technology in the School of Systems and Enterprises. Alice is the Primary Researcher for the Body of Knowledge and Curriculum to Advance Systems Engineering (BKCASE) project and Senior Researcher for the Systems Engineering Experience Accelerator (EXPACC) project.
She is currently the Chair of the Systems Engineering Constituent Committee (SECC) of the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE).
Alice is a Certified System Engineering Professional (CSEP) with both the base level of certification and the Acquisition designation through the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE).
Alice received her MBA, graduating Summa Cum Laude with Recognition, from George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia and her Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, graduating Magna Cum Laude, from University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland. Alice’s six most recent years of experience have been focused in academia as she completes her doctorate on “Measuring the Value of Remote Online Systems Engineering Education”. She has completed the requirements for a Master’s in Systems Engineering at the Stevens Institute of Technology, and is applying those courses as a PhD candidate towards a doctorate in Systems Engineering. Her current research focus is in systems engineering competency development, systems engineering education, and systems thinking, with an emphasis on distance learning.
Prior to entering academia, Alice served as a Senior Systems Engineer consultant to Lockheed Martin, IBM, and EDO Ceramics, for Advanced Systems Supportability Engineering Technology and Tools (ASSETT), Inc. Before ASSETT, Alice served as a senior engineering manager for General Dynamics (GD) where she managed the department that developed the requirements and performed the integration and testing for the vehicle electronics on the Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle (AAAV) built for the United States Marines. Prior to GD, she served as a senior systems engineering manager for both the production control of Lockheed Martin’s radiation hardened manufacturing line and the hardware development and design verification for the payload design carried by the Asia Cellular Satellite (ACeS) System launched on February 12, 2000, and still in use today. Alice served as a technical lead for IBM for nearly ten years after graduating with her Electrical Engineering bachelor’s degree, and she began her professional career as an analyst for Delex Systems, Inc where she developed code for and demonstrated the HARPOON Interactive Tactical Training System (HITTS).
- Conference Paper - The Architecture of the Systems Engineering Experience Accelerator
- Conference Paper - Gaps in the Body of Knowledge of Systems Engineering
- Conference Paper - Year One of the Systems Engineering Experience Accelerator
- Conference Paper - Simulation-Based Decision Support for Systems Engineering Experience Accelerator
- Conference Paper - A Model for Educating Systems Engineers
- Conference Paper - Status of the Body Of Knowledge and Curriculum to Advance Systems Engineering (BKCASE) Project
- Conference Paper - Investigating an Innovative Approach for Developing Systems Engineering Curriculum: The Systems Engineering Experience Accelerator
- Conference Paper - SE Capstone: A Pilot Study of 14 Universities to Explore SE Learning and Career Interest Through DoD Problems
- Developing Systems Engineering Graduate Programs Aligned to the Body of Knowledge and Curriculum to Advance Systems Engineering (BKCASE) Guidelines
- Conference Paper - Building a Competency Taxonomy to Guide Experience Acceleration of Lead Systems Engineers
- Conference Paper - Research Issues Raised by the Guide to the Systems Engineering Body of Knowledge
- Conference Paper - Work In Process: A Body of Knowledge and Curriculum to Advance Systems Engineering (BKCASETM)
- Conference Paper - Applying systems thinking via systemigrams for defining the Body of Knowledge and Curriculum to Advance Systems Engineering (BKCASE) project
- Managing the Systems Engineering Body of Knowledge
- Global Workforce Development Projects in Software Engineering
- Announcing BKCASE: Body of Knowledge and Curriculum to Advance Systems Engineering
- Technical Report: Developing the Systems Engineering Experience Accelerator (SEEA) Prototype and Roadmap- Year 1
- Technical Report: Developing the Systems Engineering Experience Accelerator (SEEA) Prototype and Roadmap – Year 2