Professor and Director, Systems Architecting and Engineering Program
Research Role: Researcher
Email Address: email@example.com
Dr. Madni received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. in Engineering from the University of California, Los Angeles, in 1968, 1971 and 1978 respectively. He is also a graduate of the AEA/Stanford Executive Institute program for senior executives.
His research has been sponsored by DARPA, HSARPA, DHS S&T, OSD, MDA, ONR, AFOSR, AFRL, ARI, NAVAIR, NAVSEA, SPAWAR, RDECOM, CECOM, DOE, NIST, NASA, and a few others. He is an elected Fellow of the IEEE, INCOSE, SDPS and IETE, and an Associate Fellow of AIAA. He has received numerous awards from DoD, and the commercial sector, and professional societies, including the SBA’s National Tibbetts’ award for California, Blue Chip Enterprise award for California from Mass Mutual and the US Chamber of Commerce, the C.V. Ramamoorthy Distinguished Scholar Award in 2006, the President’s award in 2008 from the Society of Design and Process Science and Developer of the Year award in 2000, and 2004 from the Technology Council of Southern California. He is editor-in-chief of the Journal of Integrated Design and Process Science and serves on the editorial board of several other journals. He is listed in Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, Who’s Who in Industry and Finance and Who’s Who in America.
In August 2016, Azad Madni was honored by Boeing during their 100th Anniversary celebration on August 6. Held at the Scriptorium of USC’s University Club, the formal luncheon marked the first occasion in which Boeing has honored a faculty member. Madni was recognized for his pioneering contributions to aerospace engineering research and education.
- Technical Report: Development of 3-Year Roadmap to Transform the Discipline of Systems Engineering
- Conference Paper: An Integrated, Modular Research Architecture for the Transformation of Systems Engineering
- Conference Presentation, ASRR 2009: USC Systems Engineering Research
- Technical Report: New Project Incubator
- Technical Report: Interactive Model-Centric Systems Engineering (IMCSE) – Phase 1
- Poster: SSRR 2017: RT 180: Extending Flexible Contracts for Mission Assurance and Reliability Assessment
- Poster: SSRR 2017: RT 166: Formal Methods in Resilient Systems Design using a Flexible Contract Approach
- Poster: SSRR 2017: RT 183: Adaptive Cyber-Physical Human Systems