Senior Software Engineer at Google
Research Role: Researcher
Email Address: email@example.com
Daniel Popescu received Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Southern California. His research interests include software architecture, distributed event-based systems and software maintenance. His Ph.D. advisor was Professor Nenad Medvidović.
- Senior Software Engineer working on brand lift at Google.
Research Assistant in Software Engineering, University of Southern California: August 2006 – December 2011 (5 years, 5 months)
- Developed dependence analysis algorithms that improve maintainability of event-based systems
- Identified architectural anti-patterns that negatively affect the maintainability of software systems
- Designed and prototyped rule-based components that detect editing conflicts in collaborative modeling
- Designed and implemented meta-fault-tolerance and pub-sub-routing as middleware services
- Planned and performed design refactoring of architectural middleware services
- Coauthored 16 research publications in the area of software engineering
*Research Work took place while at University of Southern California.