Research Role: Researcher
Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. – University of Southern California, 1994
M.S. – University of California, San Diego, 1983
B.S. – University of Dayton, 1981
- 2008 – present – Associate Professor, Department of Systems Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- 2005 – 2008 – Research Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Interim Director of Systems Architecting and Engineering Program, and Principal of USC Center for Systems and Software Engineering, University of Southern California
- 2001 – 2005 – Chief Science Officer, Cost Xpert Group
- 2000 – 2001 – Chief Scientist, C-Bridge Institute
- 1992 – 2000 – Manager, Software Engineering Process Group and Senior Engineering Specialist, Litton Systems
- 1981 – 1992 – Management and technical positions at Librascope Corporation, TRW, Hughes Aircraft and General Dynamics.
- Modeling and simulation of processes for architecting and engineering of complex systems.
- Cost modeling, economic analysis and value-based engineering of software-intensive systems.
- Quantitative methods for systems risk management; systems and software measurement, process improvement and quality.
- Integrating systems engineering and software engineering disciplines, and empirical-based research with process simulation.
- Technical Report: Tradespace and Affordability - Phase 1
- Technical Report: Agile and Lean Systems Engineering: Kanban in Systems Engineering
- Conference Paper - Improving Systems Engineering Effectiveness in Rapid Response Development Environments
- Conference Paper - Modeling Kanban Processes in Systems Enginering
- Conference Paper - Effectiveness of kanban approaches in systems engineering within rapid response environments
- Conference Paper - An Event-driven Value-based Pull Systems Engineering Scheduling Approach
- Conference Paper - A Model for Educating Systems Engineers
- Conference Paper - Future Software Sizing Metrics and Estimation Challenges
- Conference Paper - Valuing System Flexibility via Total Ownership Cost Analysis
- Conference Paper - Critical Success Factors for Rapid, Innovative Solutions
- Conference Presentation, ASRR 2010: Valuing Flexibility
- Technical Report: Software Intensive Systems Cost and Schedule Estimation
- Technical Report : Agile and Lean Systems Engineering (ALSE): Kanban in Systems Engineering
- Technical Report: Tradespace and Affordability - Phase 2
- Technical Report: Tradespace and Affordability - Phase 3
- Technical Report: System Qualities Ontology, Tradespace and Affordability (SQOTA) Project – Phase 4
- Technical Report: System Qualities Ontology, Tradespace and Affordability (SQOTA) Project – Phase 5